You can find contact information by going to the Nevada Legislature’s Web site (Link Below). Click on either Assembly or Senate, or click on Contact information.
You will find:
- Their picture, political party and district they serve
- Home address
- Phone numbers for work, Legislative Call Back, home
- E-mail address
- Year Term ends
Legislators generally list their home number or a VM. It is perfectly acceptable to call the Legislators at home.
- Always introduce yourself as a nurse (it establishes you as professional and an expert).
- Inform the legislator where you work and the area of your practice.
- If they are your legislator, inform them you are a constituent and live in their district. Describe where you live in their district.
- Explain why you are calling. Be specific.
"As a nurse, I am concerned..."
- If it is a nursing issue, focus on advocacy for quality safe patient care.
- Try to smile when you are calling; it will reflect in your voice.
- Keep you message short and to the point – practice.
- Leave your name and phone number.
Nevada State Legislature